This a karnataka dish and its a fav dish of mine and hub.Its also called as “talipat” in kannada.
- Rice flour(akki hitu) – 2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut grated fresh – 1/2 cup
- Coriander – little chopped
- Green chillies – 5 to 6 chopped
- Onions – 2 chopped
- Carrort – 1 grated (optional )
- Oil – to fry
- Water – to mix
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Methi /Fenugreek leaves – little (optional)
Take the rice flour in a bowl and add the onion, coriander, carrot , meethi leaves, coconutcumin seeds,salt to tast, oil, water mix Knead well to make soft dough.
Spread some oil on the hand and take a lemon sized ball of the dough and pat it to thick rotti on a plastic cover or its better to use the oil packets cover its comes out better.
Heat a pan and lace the prepared rotti on it and pour 1spoon of oil on it and cover it with a lid,take the lid after 4o seconds and turn the roti and leave it again for 40 sec and take iof the tava,the hot hot akki roti is ready to serve.